Friday, May 3, 2013

Reunion

I got a postcard in the mail today reminding me that my college class will have its 20th reunion this year.

How on earth has it been two decades since I graduated from college?

I know I'm not the first person to feel the unrelentingly quick passage of time, and I certainly won't be the last. But gersh dernit. It seems nearly impossible.

It's one of those double-edged sword things, really. I certainly have done a lot of living in the intervening years. Lived in various regions of the country. Moved a whole lot. Worked for a bunch of different companies. Met some great people. Made some enduring connections. Got married. Got divorced. Bought and released a couple of homes. Started to find my way back to my Self. Began living more authentically. Let go of a whole lot of baggage.

And much more.

So, while it's hard to believe that much time has gone by, almost in a blink or two, there is a tremendous feeling of lightness and freedom setting in now.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, I did not make it through the alphabet with blog posts during April. But I will make it through the alphabet, by golly.

This post marks one more down. Eight more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment