Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tiny Houses

So, after another respite from blogging, I'm back at it. Onward with the remaining letters of the alphabet.

For those of you who have reminded me about that, thank you for the nudge. I hadn't forgotten. I've just been busy composing posts in my head. ;)

Like this one, for instance. I'm all for simplifying, and I'm intrigued by the tiny house concept -- thus why I'm jazzed by the thought of a rolling home. But these shelters give a whole new meaning to tiny.

They are fairy houses, and they can be found on Mackworth Island in Falmouth, Maine. No wonder, because it's a truly magical place right on the coast. Tree-lined trails lead around the edge of the island, providing a gorgeous canopy of stillness. It feels a world away from the busyness of Falmouth's Rte. 1, and of Portland, Maine's largest city, which is right across the water.















The one challenge about this beautiful place is parking, particularly during the summer. But it's well worth the time and effort to be able to spend some time in the magic that is Mackworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment