Wednesday, May 21, 2014

In With the New

I've really gone and done it now.

After years of visualizing and dreaming, months of planning and work, and a final week-plus of an all-out, utterly exhausting push to get 'er done, I have released the bulk of my possessions and hit the road.

Other than what I put in the car to take with me, this is what remains.


Done!


There's more in the storage unit than I hoped there would be (though a neatly packed 5x10 space with a good bit of room to spare is not bad!). I simply ran out of time to continue sorting, selling and releasing in the detailed way I prefer to work. So, toward the end, I just filled boxes and put them into storage. In the spirit of progress rather than perfection, I opted to be proud of the efforts I had made to clear things out and know that there will be another round of releasing at some point in the future.

For now, I feel quite free. And very happy. And full of potential and possibilities.

During one pit stop relatively early on during my departure drive, I did have a moment where I thought, What have I done? I've given up my home and relegated myself to a life of rest stop bathrooms!

Well, I went on to think, that will be remedied when I get my RV.

As it will be. In the meantime, I am off visiting with family and friends, currently in my old stomping grounds in the Southeast. 

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment