Sunday, November 4, 2012

City Girl

Well, I'm told that for my first night in the camper, I did pretty well for a city girl.

It was a quintessential scene: We got settled in the teardrop's cozy interior, snug with a newly purchased sleeping bag and pillow. Just as I was about to fall asleep, a full bladder beckoned and would not be denied.

Ayup.

I got bundled up to ward off the chilly mountain air and trundled off with a flashlight, providing my host with no small amount of amusement. The rest of the evening was a mix of adjusting to new quarters, tossing and turning, and a experiencing a mild case of claustrophobia. Thankfully, I did manage to sleep pretty soundly when blessed slumber did descend.

I have no doubt night two will be better. I certainly will be better prepared, in more ways than one.

Clifford, on the other hand, did not share my challenges getting acclimated. He found comfy spots to settle in and snored like a champ. Case in point:





We parked in the center of Mt. Lemmon, Arizona, a small mountain town about an hour above the city of Tucson. On the ride up, we were treated to stunning sunset and city light views -- the kind that I had imagined would be part and parcel of this experience. Unfortunately, my iPhone simply could not capture the grandeur of it all.

But here are some images of my canine munchkin making fast friends with Bear, our friend and host, during our first couple of days:








I'll post some pictures soon of the stagecoach (teardrop camper) and the ponies (Jeep) that provide our shelter and transportation.

Until then, I'll close with many, many thanks to all of you for your love and support, and for following along. In particular, Clifford and I send a huge thank you to Jana and her family for so graciously taking care of Belle, my big beautiful black feline girl who would not have appreciated being dragged across country and back, to say the least. Tami, much gratitude for helping us get to the airport on time, and getting hearth and home in order. Meghan and Annabelle, thanks so much for looking in on things at home while we're gone. Melanie, I can't say thank you enough for all the ways you continue to be a blessing to me (tingles included).

I guess this trippy business does truly take a village!

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment