Thursday, April 24, 2014

Under Way














I've been having a rather funny conversation today with my very-like-me mama about being a fussbudget. She has her own versions of that, and I have mine. Not surprisingly, there's some overlap. 

The fussbudget quality often expresses itself when I'm editing, or reading something. I love the nuances of word usage -- and I love it even more when words are used correctly. For example, did you know that "under way" is almost always two words? True dat. As the AP Stylebook explains, it's one word when it appears before a noun and it's acting as an adjective relating to things nautical: An underway boat.

So there you have it -- my editing tip for the day, and a description for the state of the moving process in these here parts.

What's under way in your world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment