Thursday, April 4, 2013

Action

That's the keyword for the day. I'm taking action by writing my first post to catch up with the folks officially participating in the Blogging From A to Z Challenge (www.a-to-zchallenge.com), and it feels good -- particularly given that, until today, the last time I posted here was back in February.

I feel as if I blinked and nearly two months went by.

That's not unusual lately. Time is more than just flying by. In many ways, it feels like it is ceasing to exist altogether. That's an interesting topic for another day.

For now, I've got a list of other actions to take, like finally signing up for the storage unit that I have felt led to get and start shifting items to for months now. When I was visiting with my spirit family in Asheville, NC, after the road trip late last year, the directive for what to do upon arriving home was clear: start releasing things and packing up my apartment.

Needless to say, I got back and pretty much settled into my old, tired daily routine. And I bet you can guess what that means.

Yep. Not much of anything happened.

There has been a constant niggling to get busy, though, which has now grown to a fevered pitch. I don't know what the steps will be after that, specifically, but I'm sure they have something to do with picking up and going somewhere. All I know is that it feels like I will need to be ready to go at a moment's notice. And if I'm not prepared to do so, either that blessing won't come to be in the time frame that is being set up now or it will be extremely stressful to get done in rapid order what could have been achieved less stressfully over time.

In recent years, my choices have been all about moving away from stress and toward ease, grace, peace and joy. So I'm opting for action.

And I'll be getting that storage unit on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment