Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Massachusetts

Boston holds many fond memories for me. When I was young, my parents would make the 1.5-hour drive from Rhode Island so we could visit the science museum and go to Red Sox games. We also loved shopping and eating at Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall and the Seaport.

In college, I'd make the trek from Connecticut to Boston to visit with my best friend who transferred to Boston College. We'd get gussied up and dance for hours.

Growing up in Rhode Island, and now living in Maine, Boston has always felt like my "big city." Yet it is also small enough that I often have described it as manageable. I could never really connect with the pace or energy of New York City, but Boston's has always felt more doable for this typically non-city girl.

My heart goes out to the residents and visitors of Beantown whose lives changed in an instant yesterday, and to all those who love them. May they be comforted in their shock and grief, and may they know that they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment